Saturday, July 31, 2010

Supporting Art in UAE

Ha Ha Ha
yes .. it's supposed to be a sarcastic one as usual
all those organizations and authorities in UAE ..
with millions and millions of donations
Can't and don't want and won't support me or sponsor my work
which is by the way giving the country a bright reputation
HEY .. I'm doing it for free if you think about it ..
others would have demanded a pay ..
and it's costing me money ..
" sticking my short tongue out "
Imagine after all the correspondence with one of those thingies ..
whatever they're called ..
I was told .. and read this carefully
this form of art "paper quilling" is not well known around the world and we believe its very new ..
ok full stop and let's comment
I won't take it against those idiots although the management is supposed to be well informed about art but its an Art that goes back to the 13th century for Gods sake !!!!
but I'll just pretend that you so called pros with art degrees are just stupid ignorants and I can't do anything about
shall we carry on the rest of the phone call ?
ok the lady said .. in the same breath .. well it isn't like decoupage for example ..
now lets pause again coz this requires explaining
ahm .. I have to say it took me a great effort and I had to restrain myself from laughing to her face
after all I'm asking for a grant am I not ?
it was one of those moments where you wanna drop on the floor and laugh real hard
and at the same time fumes coming out of your nose coz you're so mad
I mean .. DECOUPAGE ?
now that stupid nonsense is being compared to advanced paper quilling ?
it's being paid for so it seems ..
so all you fellows with a can of varnish and a bunch of sticky pictures go ahead .. apply for your your ready made form of art .. all you have to do is ask for a grant to hire someone to do your art for you ..
but poor quillers and paper sculptures spending weeks on creating art .. you have to spend another 10 centuries till you get noticed :)
isn't it ironic ?
صباح الليل يا مؤسسات و هيئات
أحط أساميكم بعد ولا بلاش ؟
ماقول غير خس الله الشسمه بس
اللهم طولك يا روح

1 comment:

  1. Nice post,Cross Borders is a well-known art gallery in Dubai that is working towards removing geographical borders and social differences through art. Our artists belong to various nationalities including Pakistan, India, Syria, Iran, Canada, Uk, Turkmenistan, UAE, Italy and Austria,we can say Cross Border is also supporting Art in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete