Wednesday, July 13, 2011

too good .. but ..

السّلام عليكم 
& peace be upon you 


I had a great day today filled with excitement 
actually I was over excited 
bombarded with e-mails and notes and such 
had to take a break relax and resume answering everyone 



uh ok .. I forgot to tell you why .. yeah that's it .. :P 

I have been chasing this target , aim , dream 
I hate the word dream because it makes it sound unachievable or something 
oh well .. it was turning into a dream lately .. hold a sec I'll tell you why :S

Everyone knows how much I was struggling to establish the quilling guild in UAE
of course that's not easy otherwise anyone would have done it 
Roxy you are right ;) 

well to promote quilling and strengthen the position of the guild I was trying to organize an event 
and more precisely an exhibition :) 

last year I was offered a chance to have a solo exhibition but got sick and forgot to check back 
this year I was offered the same thing again and I refused because had so many things on my mind and was busy with other quilling projects 

I found that a group of insolent new quillers stealing the idea and claiming that they are the ones who organized a particular event that I organized in 2009 
anyways .. that was a really bad experience and they were really pushing the limits there 
but when I saw their pictures I actually laughed out loud " I don't laugh our loud normally "

well .. that was a long story .. 
today .. after few more trying with many organizations, I finally found one willing to sponsor the event 
now before I got their initial approval .. I was so close of giving it all up and was determined to forget all about this quilling battle 
but the matter was finalized within less than 10 minutes 
unbelievably amazing 

now I know I am over excited .. but I don't want to ruin this by being too excited 
I am now too busy organizing this entire event and coming up with new ideas to make the first quilling exhibition in the Arab World, a success :) 

thanks to all our international artists & friends for their support .. it's overwhelming 
I only pray to God that all goes well and that it runs smoothly and successfully 

no one knows that the exhibition is hiding a really pleasant surprise for all participants 
but that will only be revealed after the exhibition proves successful :) 

الله يوفقنا جميعنا إن شاء الله 
يا رب توفقنا يا رب 

let's wait till next week and see how things progress :) 

adios 
Amna :) 

8 comments:

  1. Your Hard work and dedication is the reason behind this, Amna. Insha Allah , all will go well and despite any issues ( which are invariably expected ) the whole thing will be a great success. I have faith.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear. All your patience, hard work and sincerity will surely pay off . Insha Allah, Amna, you will shine :D and the Guild will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Amna! I'm very happy for you and I hope it turns out to be a great success. As you and I both know, a copy cat can only get so far ;). Have a great week and I can't wait to see how the exhibition turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, wish you all the best, I think you'll do great, will check back so you can tell us how it went!!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Yasmin inshaAllah will do my best to make it a success

    Sandy .. lol you are right .. and will make sure to have constant updates :)

    Thank you Paula .. you're always there to encourage me :)


    Have a great weekend ladies .. and thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful news, Amna, and a very great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Philippa .. I hope I wont let anyone down .. thats my biggest fear now

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Namaste Amna,
    Congratulations! I'm sure it will be a grand success. Looking forward to hearing the news and seeing pictures.
    Teddie

    ReplyDelete