Friday, September 9, 2011

SHOOT for the stars :)

السّلام عليكم 
& peace be upon you 


I thought I'd drop by here and write something 
nothing special 

just documenting my crazy moments 

being 35 .. one would think I'd be able to judge for as to the right thing to be done 
well .. hahah .. not really 
I decided to proceed with a project 
well .. it's a personal challenge 
something I promised myself I'd do by end of this year 
and well .. it needs more time than that 
but still .. I insist to go ahead with it no matter what

so mom says .. why not next year 
and my brain goes .. no .. thoughts float in the air 
and somebody else .. might catch that thought 
and .. well you know I'd be REALLY upset 
because I already have many things that got stolen while being done .. 
so I decide to go ahead .. and DO IT 
but then I just started and I'm already exhausted beyond imagination 
so one would think I'd give it up and do it later 
NO .. everything is still in place 

so what am I doing ?  
no vacation .. no weekends .. no nothing 
just working on my project day and night 
until December

do you want to know why ?
because I'm obsessed 
yes .. OBSESSED 

I'm not a smart person at all
wasn't the top student in my class either
BUT ... 
I was the first born 
the first grandchild
the first to earn a degree
the first to excel in many weird areas that no one thought I'd shine at 
the first to do this and that 
and when I'm not the first .. I'm the unique one 
it has always been that way 
and still is .. nothing changed .. I want to be the first .. 

and now .. I want to be the first to do this project .. and the one and only 
how would I do that ?
by working real hard on this project to the extent 
that one would look at it and " DREAM " they could do something like it in the future 
not now .. not tomorrow .. but in the future
thats how unique and great I want it to be :P 
how else would I be the first ?

see ? 
I told you I'm obsessed 
and frankly speaking I don't even know why 
I just want to be the first to do it 
in a very unique way too .. 
greedy huh ?
but what's stopping me then 
 .. time ..
but thats alright 
a good thing that I believe in and very much aware of 
is that no matter what I do .. 
if it's not meant to happen .. then it won't happen 
shall I sit back and relax and forget about it then ?
No !!
Because I don't want to look back and regret that I haven't done my best 

so .. the journey towards beings the first .. again 
and the unique .. once more .. 
begins ..... 
I'm shooting for the stars 
because I "think" I can :) 



eh .. well if I fail I'm gonna delete this post 
otherwise someone else might look back at this and laugh at me 

LOL ..


you wait and see .. you will know who the real Mannayah is :P 

December is not that far away.. and I believe that God will reward me 
إن شاء الله 

good night .. can't open my eyes anymore :) 

منّايه 

3 comments:

  1. I believe you will surely shoot for the stars!! I am sure you are not gonna delete this post in the future and I mean it...Good Luck....=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insha Allah , your driving force will not let you give up ....and you will reach the stars !!!
    I believe that is the way to live. If you really want something ....give it the best of your efforts and keep at it....success is sure to follow ! Even if one cannot make it , at least you can be at peace that you gave it your best shot - and no regrets for not trying to the best of your abilities:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real achiever, Amna, and you WILL surely reach the stars!

    ReplyDelete